Why you should visit this site?
- Sonobudoyo Museum In Which the Majority of Royal Family’s Collections is Preserved
This place has thousands collections came from research by Java Instituut
- You can learn more about history of Indonesia especially Yogyakarya and Java culture
- It’s only small and so takes about half an hour to see everything. The exhibits cover things that are important to the area like batik, puppets, masks, furniture, etc.
- The Entrance Ticket is Cheap
Only 5.000 for foreigner
What is the best time to visit?
- Open Gate
Tuesday – Thursday: 8.00 A.M – 03.30 P.M
Friday: 8.00 A.M – 02.30 P.M
Saturday – Sunday: 8.00 A.M – 03.30 P.M
Monday & Holiday: Closed
- Best Time
All day it depends on your preference.
How to get here?
Jl. Trikora No.6, Yogyakarta, Daerah Istimewa Yogyakarta
Sub-district (Kecamatan): Kraton
Regency (Kota): Yogyakarta
Province (Provinsi): Daerah Istimewa Yogyakarta
It is about 500 m from Sultan Palace
- Rent Car or Bike
Rent a car or bike is the best option to explore Yogyakarta because unfortunately the public transportation is not dependable enough for traveller activities. The public transportation is not reach all touristic site yet, so you can rent a car if you have budget but you can also rent bike if you have small budget. You can use google maps and maps me app (Iphone and Android) for your route guide. Another main problem beside transportation in Jogja is “language”, there is still so many people in Jogja who can not speak english specially the host on the touristic site. So you can hire a travel buddy which will help you solve the language problem.
What are the closest touristic sites around?
- Southern City Square
- Beringharjo Market
- Malioboro Street
- Underground Mosque
- Vredeburg Museum
How much the cost ?
- Entrance Fee
- Phone Signal
There are some restroom and toilet
- Recommended Cafe and Restaurant nearby
- Bale Raos
- Gadri Resto
- Via Via