Why you should visit this site?
- Tamansari Water Castle and Sumur Gumuling/Gumuling Well is very close to Sultan Palace. If you are curious to the historic building of the ancient. It is very close to Sultan Palace. If you are curious to the historic building of the ancient kingdom of Yogyakarta, you should visit Tamansari. It is a part of Royal Palace complex which was used to be an entertainment place for the king and his harems.
- Traditional Fruit. There are some trees inside of Tamansari site named Kepel fruit. As the story goes, it endures the love from the King to his Queen.
- Artistic Buildings. Tamansari seems to be a castle formerly. It has some pools which used to be their swimming pool. Close to Tamansari, there is an underground mosque which is called Sumur Gumuling/Gumuling Well.
What is the best time to visit?
- Open Gate
8 am-2 pm
Friday: 8 am-12 pm
Friday: 8 am-12 pm
- Best Time
It depends to your preference. Here it is the schedule for all day
- Monday: Gamelan Music at 10.00 am
- Tuesday: Gamelan Music at 10.00 am
- Wednesday: Menak Puppet show at 10.00 am
- Thursday: Traditional (classic) Dance show at 10.00 am
- Friday: Sing a Traditional song (Macapat) at 9.00 am
- Saturday: Leather Puppet (Wayang) show at 9.30 am
- Sunday: Traditional (classic) Dance show at 9.30 am
How to get here?
Sub-district (Kecamatan): Kraton
Regency (Kota): Yogyakarta
Province (Provinsi): Daerah Istimewa Yogyakarta
1 km from the Sultan Palace
- Rent Car
Rent a car is the best option to explore Yogyakarta because unfortunately the public transportation is not dependable enough for traveller activities. The public transportation is not reach all touristic site yet, so you can rent a car if you have budget but you can also rent bike if you have small budget. You can use google maps or maps me app (Iphone or Android) for your route guide. Another main problem beside transportation in Jogja is “language”, there is still so many people in Jogja who can not speak english specially the host on the touristic site. So you can hire a travel buddy which will help you solve the language problem.
What are the closest touristic sites around?
- Ngasem Traditional Market
- Sonobudoyo Museum
- Vredeburg Museum
- Alun-alun Kidul/Southern City Square
How much the cost ?
Entrance ticket: 15.000
- Phone Signal
It is not recommended to use the toilet here. You can bring tissue by yourself anticipating the non-hygene toilet.
- Recommended Cafe and Restaurant nearby
- Gadri Resto
- Bale Raos Kraton
- Malioboro Street Food